The prayer of Ukrainian nationalist

The prayer of Ukrainian nationalist


Patriotic oath, written at the late 1920-s - early 1930-s by Josef Mashchak (1908-1976), one of the leaders of the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (OUN).


Everyone, who had to join the OUN or its youth organization had to know "The prayer of Ukrainian nationalist" by heart.

Ukraine, Mother of Heroes, go down to my heart, come by the winds of Caucasian storm, by the noise of Carpathian streams, by the glorious battles of great Conqueror Father Hummel, by the triumph and loud guns of the Revolution, by the joyous hum of the Sophia`s Bells. Let it all revived in You, lights by Your glory, because all my life for You, Because You are all my happiness.

Ringing by chains for me, creaking by gallows for me at the sadly morning, let me hear groans of tortured in the cellars, prisons and in exile to make my faith as a granite, to grew my perseverance and strength, to go into battle with braveness as the Heroes before me, for Your glory, for Your holy ideas. To avenge the shame of slavery, of trampled honor, executioners mockery, innocent blood of killed in Bazar, Kruty, Kincir and Vorkuta, heroic death of the Ukrainian national heroes, Ukrainian National Revolution - Colonel Yevhen Konovalets, Basarbova, Golovinski, Shukhevych and Bandera and glorious death of Bilas and Danylyshyn, and thousands of others, unknowing, whos bones are scattered or buried secretly. Help me to forget the fear and hesitation. To strengthen of my spirit, to tempered of my will, stay live in my heart! In prisons and severe minutes of underground life take care of me to I will join the ranks. Maybe I shall find sweet death in agony for you. To dissolve in You , and live forever in You, everlasting Ukraine, powerful and cathedral!

Коментарі

MOST READ